Five Things Every Bride Should Do On Their Wedding Day
Whether you’re having a wedding or an elopement, emotions will be running high on your wedding day. That’s totally normal and 100% okay, but there are things you can do to help make the day run smoother.
If eight years in the wedding industry has taught me anything, it’s that you should take care of yourself first. Everything else will work it’s way out.
Here are 5 Things Every Bride Should Do On Their Wedding Day
- Do something active. Go to yoga, go for a run, take your dog for a hike. Burn off some of that energy and leave yourself feeling beautiful. I don’t suggest doing anything too intense, as you can accidentally tire yourself out or cause your muscles to swell from the exertion (totally normal physiological response), but a light 20-30 minute work out is perfect.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. You’re going to be busy getting ready and making decisions, so you’ll likely forget to drink. You’re going to need the hydration, so set an alarm on your phone or carry a gallon of water with you. Just remember to drink.
- Write down how you’re feeling. Emotions will be high, and memories fade over time. Give yourself this gift, so that in the future you can read it and be brought back to that moment. If you’re wearing perfume, spray a little bit on it, as that’ll intensify the experience.
- If you’re not going to see them, call your soon to be husband or wife. This person is your best friend, your soul mate, you are marrying them after all. Take a moment and say hello. This will calm some of the jitters and remind you of why you started all of this in the first place.
- Read your vows out loud. At this point, you’ve probably read them in your head a dozen times, but saying them out loud is a whole other story. This will keep you from tripping over your words mid ceremony.
Did you get married recently? Have any advice for brides? I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!